I’ve Got A Can-Do Attitude With These 4 Genius Coffee Hacks!
You know the deal — it’s early in the morning, and no one dares speak to you until you have a mug of steaming hot caffeine in your hand (preferably Dunkin’). Somehow, sipping on some coffee to start the day just makes everything better. Like, you love coffee. Not only is Dunkin’ amazing on its own, but it’s Girl Scout Cookie™ Season and Dunkin’ has some crazy yummy Girl Scout Cookie-inspired coffee flavors in store (such as: Thin Mints®, Coconut Caramel, Trefoils® shortbread). As a coffee AND cookie lover, you definitely relate to caffeine-related internet posts, home decor, and T-shirts. Since Dunkin’ is making something so great to enjoy together, don’t you think there are much more sweet coffee creations we just haven’t thought about?
Well, coffee and Girl Scout Cookies aren’t just for eating and drinking anymore, folks! Dunkin’ is here to help you seize the day AND get your caffeine on. Let Girl Scout Cookie flavored coffee inspire you to add an amazing coffee fragrance to a room, or design cute clothes people will think are designer, or craft original one-of-a-kind accessories. Obsessed with the smell of coffee? Make a coffee candle. Want to wear your coffee with style (not stains)? Get ready for coffee tie-dye. Need to accessorize with the drink? Craft up some coffee-themed charms. The opportunities really are endless. Head over to your local Dunkin’, order your favorite drink (or two) with a Girl Scout Cookie inspired flavor, and embrace that can-do state of mind!
Thin Mints® Coffee Scented Candle
- Uncolored candle wax (pellets or grated down from a solid candle)
- Cheese grater (if you’re choosing to grate down a candle to create the wax pellets)
- Heat source
- Heat-safe bowl
- Dunkin’ Thin Mints® coffee
- Mint essential oil
- Small spoon
- Tall glass
- Long candle wick
- Popsicle sticks
- Hand mixer
- Piping bag
- If you’re not working with wax pellets, use a cheese grater to grate down an uncolored, unscented candle until you have enough for 4 large handfuls of wax.
- Transfer 2 handfuls of wax to a double boiler and let melt.
- Pour in some Dunkin’ Thin Mints® coffee and stir in with the melting wax.
- Spoon out a small portion of the dark wax and drip drizzle marks on the inside of a tall glass.
- Let the drips harden in the glass and in the meantime add another 2 handfuls of wax to the double boiler. Your melted wax should be lighter in color from the first batch.
- Add in a few drops of mint essential oil.
- Whisk until all of the wax has melted.
- Pour the rest of the candle wax into the same glass with the drizzle marks.
- Place a long candle wick into the glass and use 4 popsicle sticks to keep the wick straight.
- Let harden.
- Use a hand mixer in a large bowl of melted, uncolored wax and whip until the wax takes on a “whipped cream texture.” Don’t start mixing with wax that is still warm, otherwise, you’ll be sitting there mixing for a long time.
- Scoop the whipped cream wax into a piping bag using a spatula.
- Pipe the whipped cream onto the top of your glass with the hardened “coffee” wax.
- Finish off the candle with a drizzle of “dark chocolate” wax.
Coffee Tie-Dye Dress
- White dress
- Elastic bands
- Large bin
- Cooling rack
- Dunkin’ coffee
- Ice cubes
- Twist the dress into any design you’d like to create with the tie-dye.
- Secure the twists with as many elastic bands as needed.
- Pour Dunkin’ coffee over the dress and let the material absorb the coffee.
- Place a few ice cubes to dilute the coffee in some spots.
- Allow the dress to dry while still wrapped up.
- Once dry, cut away the elastic bands and unravel the dress.
Easy to Make Coffee-Themed Charms
- Disposable plastic cup
- Scissors or X-Acto knife
- Paper with printed coffee icons
- Different colored sharpies
- Hole punch
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Print out your coffee-themed icons of choice.
- Place the paper inside a disposable plastic cup and trace the designs with different colored sharpies.
- Use either scissors or an X-Acto knife to cut out the designs on the cup.
- Punch a hole into each cut-out and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the charms at 375º F for 3 minutes.
Quick Creamy Girl Scouts® Coconut Caramel Iced Coffee
- Unfinished cup of Girl Scouts® Coconut Caramel flavored coffee
- Ice cube tray
- Pour your unfinished Girl Scouts® coconut caramel coffee into an ice cube tray.
- Put it in the freezer and let it set.
- Put a few Girl Scout cookie flavored coffee -ice cubes into a glass and pour milk over it.