8 Clever Ways To Declutter Your Home
The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining bright, and the birds are chirping, which means a beautiful thing: spring is here! On one hand, now we get to go outside more, plan a trip to the beach, and have fun grill parties with friends. On the other hand, that also means it’s time for some spring cleaning. It’s time to dust away those cobwebs, wash the floors, clean out the cupboards, and organize every single thing inside our home. Yes, it can be annoying, but it will make you feel refreshed and ready for warmer weather. And fortunately, with the help of our favorite ShopRite products and some clever thinking, spring cleaning can be way easier than you’d imagine.
Add more space to your shoe rack
- Empty milk jug
- X-Acto knife
- Remove any labeling and leftover glue.
- Use an X-Acto knife to cut the top of the milk jug off, as seen in the video.
- Place on a rack or shell, and fit one shoe inside the jug and one on top.
- Repeat until the shelf is filled and neatly organized with your shoes!
Keep some separation between your underwear and bras
- 2 empty cereal boxes
- Excess cardboard from extra cereal boxes to act as the dividers
- Optional: wrapping paper or other decorative paper
- Cut 2 empty cereal boxes in half, vertically.
- Line the 4 halves up together.
- Cut out 4 strips of cardboard from extra cereal boxes, and cut 4 equal sections into each strip.
- Fit the dividers into the halves of cereal boxes.
- Optional: cover the cereal boxes in decorative wrapping paper for a more personalized look!
Avoid all your beauty tool cords tangling
- Sturdy file holder
- Mounting Tape
- Place two strips of mounting tape on one side of the file holder.
- Adhere the file holder to the inside of your bathroom cabinet door.
- Store your hair dryer, curling iron, and straightener in the file holder to avoid cord tangles!
The best way to store cleaning supplies
- Tension rod
- Place a tension rod underneath your kitchen sink.
- Hang all spray bottles and sponges with handles on the rod. Store the rest of your supplies right underneath.
Add more space to your closet without ditching your clothes
- Pull-tabs from soda cans
- Wire hook clothing hangers.
- Place a pull-tab through the wire hook of each hanger.
- Hook another hanger through the other hole on the pull-tab.
- Hang clothes as you normally would, and then hang them up in the closet!
No more tangled electronic cables
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Line an entire shoebox with empty toilet paper rolls.
- Wrap up all of your individual electronic cables and stick them inside each toilet paper roll.
No more knocking down every pot and pan when you need a specific one
- 5-prong file holder
- Place a 5-prong file holder in your kitchen cabinet. Fit the pans between each one and place a larger pot on top.
Easily find all of your cooking spices
- Fidget spinner
- Hot glue gun
- 2 decorative plates
- Empty tin can
- Place a dot of hot glue on a fidget spinner. Adhere one of the decorative plates to the fidget spinner.
- Paint an empty tin can to match the plates.
- Glue the bottom of the can to the middle of the first plate.
- Pipe more hot glue onto the top of the can. Set the second plate on top of the can.
- Arrange your spices on each plate with the labels out. Spin the plate so you can look through all of the spice options!