Sweeten’ Up Your Easter With These 5 Clever Party Hacks
There’s nothing better than a holiday party that features adorable themed treats and DIY decorations. And with Easter coming up, we couldn’t help ourselves! Using Breyers ice cream (our favorite is Natural Vanilla), we came up with party desserts and crafts that kids and adults alike will love. Using muffin pans and brownie batter, we created sweet brownie cups to house our Breyers vanilla ice cream. And since the muffin pan was already out, we transformed that into a holder for all our delicious toppings. Then, we took one of our plastic eggs (a leftover from an egg hunt), filled it with balls of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream stuffed with lemon curd, and covered that in some melted caramel chocolate to create the most perfect egg dessert — which your kids can actually crack open with a spoon! As for the best part of our table spread, we filled a metal pail with ice and salt, so that our tubs of Breyers would stay perfectly cool all day long.
As for the decor that surrounded these tasty treats, we decided to make some Easter bunnies using a square piece of cloth, an egg, and a clear rubber band. The best part? It’s easy enough for your kids to make with you as a fun family activity. Next, we took some gold glitter, glue, twine, and a coffee cup lid to turn our leftover Breyers container into a festive Easter basket for everyone’s beloved egg hunt.
Between these cute Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream desserts and kid-friendly crafts, you have the perfect Easter party on your hands! Now all that’s left is to find those hidden eggs…
Chocolate Egg with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and Lemon Curd
You can use a spoon to crack open these dessert eggs to find a sweet surprise inside!
- Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¼ cup Lemon curd
- 1 cup caramel chocolate
- In a piping bag, squeeze lemon curd on top of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Scoop the lemon curd and vanilla ice cream and put it on a baking tray.
- Freeze the scoops for an hour or until it’s hard and solid.
- Heat up a cup of caramel chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
- On a large plastic egg, put the vanilla ice cream and lemon curd concoction.
- Add the caramel chocolate and spin the egg until thoroughly blended and the chocolate hardens.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on an egg cup for a fancier mood!
Ice Cream Ice Tub
You already have everything you need to keep your Breyers ice cream cool all day long.
- Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Breyers Natural Strawberry Ice Cream
- Breyers Original Ice Cream Chocolate
- Large metal tub
- Ice cream salt
- Pour a bag of ice into large tub.
- Add ice cream salt.
- Break apart chunky ice with spoon.
- Add Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip, Natural Strawberry and Original Chocolate Ice Cream on top of the ice.
- Enjoy a cool way to keep your ice cream frozen on a hot day.
Glitter Twine Basket
Once you’re done with your tub of Breyers, you can turn it into an Easter basket. It’s adorable and environmentally-friendly!
- 2 tablespoons glitter
- ½ cup clear glue
- Disposable coffee cup
- Breyers ice cream tub
- Hole punch
- Wire or Ribbon
- Make two holes using a hole punch on either side of Breyers ice cream tub, set aside.
- In a disposable cup, mix ½ cup of glue and 2 tablespoons of Glitter.
- Dip twine until fully submerged in glitter glue mixture.
- Put end of twine through lid of disposable coffee cup.
- Starting from the bottom up, wrap the twine around ice cream tub until fully covered.
- Wrap decorative wire or ribbon through holes to create a handle.
- Embellish basket with flowers, stickers, gems, etc…
Chocolate Brownie Cups with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
These quick, easy brownie bites go perfect with Breyers Natural Vanilla ice cream and all the toppings you can think of.
- Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil spray
- Ice cream scoop
- Two muffin tray of the same size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the two eggs and beat with a hand mixer.
- Slowly incorporate the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and water.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the mixture until well blended.
- Spray vegetable oil on the first muffin tray.
- Spray vegetable oil on the bottom of the second muffin tray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the brownie batter and put it on the first muffin tray.
- Place the second muffin tray on top and lightly press on the brownie batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out the top tray and reveal that you have brownie cups!
- Use the clean muffin tray and fill it with different kinds of toppings that you’d like!
- Scoop Breyers Natural Vanilla onto the brownie cup and put your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy it with your family and friends!
Bunny Napkin Folding
Who knew that making Easter bunnies could be so simple? And so cute?!
- 17”x 17” cloth napkin in assorted pastel colors
- Decorative egg
- Clear rubber band
- Mesh ribbons in assorted pastel colors
- Arrange the napkin into a diamond shape.
- Fold the napkin in half and make a triangle shape.
- Starting from the lower corner of the triangle, roll it until the end of the napkin.
- In the middle of the napkin, add the egg and fold the two ends until it looks like bunny ears.
- Secure the ears with a rubber band.
- Add the mesh ribbons for a more polished look.