Are you and your kids as excited for the new PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie as we are?
I mean, of course you are… Who wouldn’t be?
The first movie—PAW Patrol: The Movie—released 2 years ago and instantly captured the hearts of kids worldwide, offering adventures filled with bravery, teamwork, and endless fun. Led by a pack of adorable and heroic pups, Paw Patrol is a source of inspiration for young minds across the globe.
And, the Paw Patrol pups are about to get a whole lot mightier! With the release of PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie, we invite you and your family to join us a journey that will prepare your family for the Paw Patrol adventure of a lifetime. What better way to dive into the world of these heroic pups than by immersing yourself in five fantastic DIY games? With fun and creative activities such as Rocky’s Magnet Rescue and Zuma’s Mighty Cups Water Race, these creative projects will ignite your child’s imagination and get them ready for the big day when PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie hits theaters nationwide.
So, parents and Paw Patrol enthusiasts, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to experience the world of PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on September 29th, 2023!
Zuma’s Mighty Cups Water Race
- Plastic Cups
- Hot Glue Gun
- Water Guns
- Using a hot glue gun put a hole through the bottom of the plastic cup.
- Insert yarn through hole in cup. Leaving a long string for desired length.
- Put the pole in ground and then tie one end of the yarn around the pole.
- With other end of yarn tape to wall.
- Now using your water gun shoot the inside of the cup and watch it slide down the yarn.
- Have your kids race against each other to see who will reach the end first and be the winner of the Mighty Cups!
Rocky’s Magnet Rescue
- Large Magnet
- Paper Clips
- Hot Glue
- Printed Images of Paw Patrol Pups
- Large Clear Bowl
- Hot glue paper clips to the back of the printed images.
- Place the images in a circle with a cup in the center.
- Then cover all of it with a large clear bowl.
- Using the large magnet, glide the images along the edge of the bowl. Once hovering over the top of the cup remove the magnet away to drop the images into the cup.
- Yay! You’ve saved your friends from the meteorite!
Skye’s Airplane Launcher
- 8.5”x11” Construction Paper
- 8.5”x11” Heavyweight Cardstock Paper
- Please refer to video to follow along with origami instructions to create airplane and airplane launcher
Rubble’s Wrecking Ball Catapult
- 2 Toilet Paper Rolls
- 2 Rubber Bands
- Hole puncher
- Ping Pong Ball
- For bottom of catapult: Take one toilet paper roll and cut lengthwise. Make the roll about half the original size and tape down.
- Use hole puncher to punch two holes at bottom of roll.
- Push pencil through the holes. Put aside for later.
- For top of catapult: Grab second toilet paper roll and at top of roll cut 2 parallel lines about ½” apart and ½” down. Rotate 180 degrees and repeat cuts.
- Insert smaller paper roll with pencil into top of catapult.
- Then place one rubber band on a set of cuts at the top of catapult and pull down over the pencil. Repeat with another rubber band on other side.
- Insert ping pong ball. Now your catapult is ready! Simply pull back bottom halfway to shoot!
- Now stack some plastic cups and use your catapult to see how many you can knock out!
- Optional: Use duct tape to decorate paper toilet paper rolls.
Chase’s Speedway Obstacle Course
- Plastic Cups
- Pom Poms
- Pool Noodle
- Race Cars
- Painters Tape
- For the first obstacle: (paper, balloon, plastic cups, tape, pom poms) create your own tabletop maze with some green paper, tape for the streets, and pom pom for bushes.
- Place a plastic cup at the start of your maze and then fill a balloon with air. Use the air to race a plastic cup around your tabletop maze.
- For the second obstacle: (scissors, pool noodle, tape, race cars) create a race track by cutting a pool noodle in half. Tape down lengthwise the two halves together.
- Tape the top of the pool noodle to the table and the bottom of the pool noodle to the floor. You’ve created a speedway ramp!
- Place 2 cars at the top and race down the ramp to see who’s fastest!
- For the third obstacle: (Painter’s tape, pom pom, straw) create two zig-zag mazes on the floor with painters’s tape.
- Then place a pom pom at the start of the maze and using a straw blow the pom pom through the maze to be the first to cross the finish line!