8 Easy Remedies You Can Try At Home
When we don’t feel well, nothing else goes right. You could be having the best day until you rip off that hangnail that’s been bothering you all week, then it’s all downhill from there. For less urgent mishaps and ill-feelings, it seems like nothing you do on your own could make it go away. But if you made a doctor’s appointment for a small cut on your finger or a simple stuffy nose, you risk the chance of feeling embarrassed when you know there has to be something you can do yourself. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had some go-to home remedies for cough, or time-tested home remedies for acne at your disposal?
What’s even worse is when you feel a bit sick or you have some lingering pain and you’re out of first aid supplies. And if you’re in a rush, you don’t want to stop by the store in case you’re going to be late somewhere or you don’t even know what to buy. If only we could all teleport to our mom’s house when something goes wrong, because she seems to have every remedy possible on-hand, no matter what.
Instead of going through all of these struggles, you can solve all of your problems by making solutions at home, with products you might already have or can easily get at the store. Check out these time-saving, and stress reducing, home remedies for common health problems.
Cure that pesky cough with a honey wrap
- 1 tsp. flour
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- Mix together the flour and honey until it’s no longer sticky, adding more honey if necessary.
- Add the coconut oil and mix it in until you have a paste.
- Spread it on your chest and cover it with plastic wrap overnight.
Lighten up dark underarms
- 2 tsp. flour
- 2 tsp. beet juice
- 2 tsp. potato juice
- Mix the flour, beet juice, and potato juice until it forms a paste.
- Brush onto your underarms and let it set.
- Clean up the area with a dry cloth.
Give your feet a soak to help remove dry, peeling skin
- 1 part mouthwash
- 1 part vinegar
- 2 parts warm water
- Pour the mouthwash, vinegar, and water into a deep tub.
- Let your feet soak for no more than 15 minutes.
- Wipe the peeling areas with a dry cloth.
Take down that acne with a super quick fix
- Any liquid ibuprofen pill
- Poke a small hole in the pill using a pin or needle.
- Squeeze some of the gel out and rub it around the inflamed acne.
Get rid of dandruff without long-term treatments
- 1 tbsp. fresh aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Scoop out the aloe vera gel and mix it with the coconut oil.
- Apply to the areas of your scalp with dandruff and wash off.
Soothe a toothache, no dentist required
- 3 tsp. dry cloves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Grind up the dry cloves and mix in olive oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and place it against the tooth.