Halloween Is Almost Here and We Want to Help You Nail Your Eerie-sistable Costume!
Do you have your Halloween costume picked out yet? If not, don’t panic! Sure, you can throw a sheet over your head with two holes cut out for eyes and call it a day. Instead, why not try a few of our favorite tricks for creating “eerie-sistable” DIY Halloween costumes?!
We worked together with our friends at Spirit Halloween to bring you three new hacks that will help you put together the perfect spooky fit for this year’s celebrations! The Spirit Skeleton Romper is absolutely adorable on its own, but when you pair it with our DIY Skeleton Slip-on Shoes the look becomes complete, from head to toe. You can also terrify your friends with a nightmarishly, realistic severed arm illusion.
Don’t skip out on the fun of dressing up this year! Spirit Halloween has everything you need, whether it be online or in one of its 1,400 stores nationwide, to create an unforgettable Halloween costume!
- 1 Spirit Halloween skeleton
- White paint
- Black canvas slip on shoes
- Spirit Halloween Skeleton Romper
- To begin, chop off one of the feet of the skeleton.
- Paint the top of the skeleton foot with white paint.
- Grab the black shoe and carefully, but firmly take the painted foot (make sure the paint is still fresh) and press down on the top of the shoe to “stamp” the design. Repeat on the other shoe to complete the pair.
- After they are fully dried, rock these new skeleton shoes with your skeleton romper from Spirit Halloween!
Handful of Flames
- Parchment paper
- Hot glue gun
- Vitrail paint (stain glass paint)
- Spirit Halloween battery operated Flickering Tealights
- Spirit Halloween Prince of Darkness Costume
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper on the table.
- Apply a generous layer of hot glue on top of the parchment paper.
- Place another layer of parchment paper on top of the hot glue layer.
- Take the iron and carefully iron on top of the parchment.
- Let it cool and carefully peel off the parchment paper to reveal a sheet of hot glue.
- Tear up the sheet of hot glue into “flame” shaped pieces.
- Paint the flames with Vitrail paint in yellow, orange, and red.
- Carefully wrap the “flames” around the Spirit Halloween tea light candle and turn on.
- Shock your friends with your glowing handful of flames paired with your favorite Spirit Halloween costume!
Severed Arm Illusion
- 1 long black rubber glove
- 1 box cutter
- 1 pool noodle
- Sturdy wire
- Hot glue
- 1 empty shampoo bottle
- Piece of white scrap cloth
- Cotton balls
- Spirit Halloween fake blood
- Spirit Halloween Pig Butcher costume
- To start, cut a vertical cut down the length of the glove and then a “v” shape into the palm of the glove going up to the index finger.
- Take the pool noodle and cut into thin strips small enough to fit into the fingers of the glove.
- Place wire inside each of the pool noodle “fingers” for support, then place inside the fingers of the glove.
- Place two strips of Velcro on each side of the vertical cut.
- Place a small amount of glue on the pinky, ring, and middle finger to connect the fingers together in a hold position, set glove aside.
- Take the shampoo bottle and cut the top portion of it off.
- Wrap the cut shampoo bottle in the white scrap cloth to create the “forearm”.
- Glue cotton to bottom of the shampoo bottle and apply Spirit Halloween fake blood to the top for a severed effect.
- Attach the top of the forearm to the connected fingers of the glove.
- Carefully wrap the glove around your hand and secure with the Velcro.
- The optical illusion is complete! Spook your friends in your Spirit Halloween Pig Butcher costume, holding a freshly severed arm!